Mississauga Emergency Plumbing Repair Services
If you are looking for a trustworthy Mississauga plumber, contact the caring professionals at Bosco Home Services. Call us today at (416) 405-8632. For discounts on our expert services, click here.
Plumbing emergencies can happen unexpectedly, leaving you scrambling for a quick fix. When you’re faced with an ugly situation, it is important that you call a certified professional to take care of the problem right away. Having a trustworthy company on call anytime day or night will ensure that you never have to face a major plumbing issue alone. Keep your home safe with reliable plumbing and HVAC services. Your neighbours know best, for client reviews and testimonials around your area, click here.
What are 3 things you can do during a burst pipe emergency before your plumber arrives?
When you’re hit with a burst pipe emergency, it can be overwhelming. Once you’ve contacted our emergency plumbing services, take steps to stop the water from pouring in and minimize any damage. Here are 3 things you can do while you are waiting for us to arrive:
- Shut off the water valves: This is first and foremost. If you are having trouble doing this on your own we will walk you through the steps right over the phone. Valves are generally located around sinks and toilets, but for the most effective temporary solution, you want to locate the main valve. Once the main is turned off, the water will stop flooding in.
- Perform a quick fix: While you are waiting for us, put a container under the burst pipe and use tape to seal off the hole as best as you can. These steps will help prevent further water damage until we can get there and fix the problem.
- Contact your landlord: When the pipes burst, after getting in touch with us, you should put a call in to your landlord and let them know what’s going on. They may be able to locate the main valve or provide other assistance before we arrive.
How can you prevent clogged toilet emergencies?
To prevent this troublesome problem, be careful with what gets flushed down your toilet. Avoid things like sanitary napkins and other feminine products, paper towels, and even too much toilet paper. We can check your pipes to make sure they’re clear of build up so you won’t face this situation.
Common plumbing emergencies and 3 easy tips for homeowners to handle them before their plumber arrives:
When it comes to plumbing emergencies, here are 3 helpful tips to tide you over until we get there:
- Leaking water: If a pipe is leaking, shut off its water supply. Follow up by locating the main valve and shutting that off as well.
- Clogged toilets: For toilet clogs, shut off the water supply to the toilet and use a mop to soak up as much of the spillage as possible. This will prevent damage from the water seeping into floor tiles.
- Garbage disposal issues: If it’s an emergency involving your garbage disposal, shut off the water and the power to the disposal until we arrive and fix the issue.
Looking for an affordable Mississauga plumber with years of experience? Contact Bosco Home Services at (416) 405-8632.