GTA AC Repair & Installation Services
If you are in the Mississauga, ON area or Greater Toronto Area and are looking for a reliable HVAC company, call the experts at Bosco Home Services. You can reach us anytime, day or night, at (416) 405-8632. Click here to receive discounts on many of our valued services.
In the Greater Toronto Area (GTA) we look forward to our summers, and when the warm weather rolls in the last thing you want to worry about is a malfunctioning air conditioner. Having a professional HVAC company on your side to ensure that everything is functioning properly is truly important to the comfort and ease of you and your family. By having your unit serviced regularly you can drastically reduce your chances of a problem. However, if you are experiencing serious problems with your AC system, don’t wait any longer to schedule a service visit, it may be time to replace your unit with a more efficient system. To see what other clients in the GTA area have to say about our expert HVAC services, click here.
Air conditioners can last upwards of 20 years or longer if you have a trusted professional perform preventive maintenance and purchase a reliable brand. Even if you follow all the protocol, some repairs will still be needed from time to time. There are several signs that an air conditioner needs to be repaired; some are relatively obvious, while others are a little more discrete. Here are some things to look for:
- Energy costs continue to rise: When your monthly energy bill keeps getting larger and you haven’t lowered your air conditioner’s temperature, your system is likely malfunctioning. Older air conditioners that have faulty inner mechanisms will require significantly more energy to create cold air.
- Temperature changes by location: If your interior temperature differs by where you are in your home, the air conditioner isn’t spreading cool air evenly throughout your residence. Sometimes this is a result of dirty air ducts that can’t send air out through the vents. Other times it is due to a faulty air system.
- The air conditioner repeatedly cycles on and off: If your air conditioner keeps turning on and off with little time in between its attempts to cool the home, there is a problem. An air conditioner in proper working condition will cool the home to its desired temperature, and then switch off. It will only turn back on when the specified temperature is exceeded.
Reaching out for help
When you contact one of our HVAC technicians, they will perform a thorough inspection of your air conditioning system. Oftentimes this includes an inspection of the home’s air ducts to determine if they are clogged with dirt, dust, or any other interference that could prevent clean air from flowing. Our HVAC specialist will also make sure that the system’s belts are properly adjusted and that the system operating pressures and temperatures meet those designated by the manufacturer. Our air conditioning technicians also ensure that the fan motors are oiled and that Freon levels are correct. Additionally, your technician will also check the condensing unit coils for dirt and take a look at the compressor’s amp draw.
Typical Problems and the importance of air conditioner maintenance
Some of the most common air conditioner problems include a blower that emits only hot air, a unit that won’t turn on, repeated on/off cycling, and a lack of humidity control. If you take a few preventive maintenance steps, the chances of any of these problems happening will be significantly reduced.
Be sure to have your home’s ducts cleaned every couple of years so that you can be positive that any problem that occurs is due to the actual air conditioner instead of the ducts. If you live in a residence surrounded by a yard, always mow the grass by the outside condenser unit so that air can flow in and out of it without hindrance. If you clean the air conditioner’s evaporator once a year, you’ll help to prevent a variety of problems. Just make sure that the power is off before touching it. Remove the screws and take the plate off, then take a brush and wipe away any grime and dust. Be sure to clean the tray below the evaporator as well.
What are 3 signs you need to replace your air conditioning system?
Here are common signs that your air conditioner is in need of replacement:
- Constant repairs: If you have had to repair your air conditioning system several times within the past year and it is still having problems, then replacement is your best option. Replacing your AC unit will help save you money by eliminating frequent repair costs and reducing the amount of energy needed to run the unit.
- Inefficiency: An inefficient air conditioner will cause your electric bill to rise, because it is working that much harder to cool the home.
- Out-dated unit: Additionally, you should consider getting a new air conditioner if your current one is more than 10 years old. Older air conditioners are less efficient, and they also require more repairs.
What are signs you need to recharge your AC’s refrigerant?
Your AC’s refrigerant will need to be charged on a regular basis in order to ensure that the unit is working properly. If there is warm air coming from the vents, then this could be a sign that your AC’s refrigerant is in need of recharging. You may also need to get the AC refrigerant recharged if it is taking longer to cool your home.
You may notice that there is water on the floor near your air conditioner if the refrigerant needs to be charged. Additionally, a higher electric bill may also indicate that your refrigerant is in need of recharging.
What are 3 easy ways to save on cooling costs?
Many people are looking for ways to save money on their cooling costs during the summer months. One of the ways that you can save money on cooling is to make sure that your air conditioner gets maintenance from a professional. It will need to receive maintenance at least once a year, preferably before the start of the summer. A professional will also make sure every part of your system is functioning correctly, while performing routine maintenance.
You will also need to replace or clean the air filter regularly. You may be able to save up to $100 per year on cooling costs if you change the air filter on a consistent basis. When the air filter is dirty, your air conditioner will have to work a lot harder. Failing to change the air conditioner filter may also shorten the life of your unit.
Furthermore, you may want to use ceiling fans to cut down on energy costs. It is estimated that a ceiling fan can help save you up to 15% on your cooling bills. Ceiling fans will help keep your home cool, and you may not have to rely on your AC unit as much. Ceiling fans do not actually reduce the temperature in your rooms, but they do create a wind chill effect, by recirculating the air that is already cooled.
We provide a full range of cooling services including:
The trusted HVAC specialists at Bosco Home Services are here to help you maintain control of your indoor climate. Contact us today at (416) 405-8632.